Home sweet home

Home sweet home
I was 68 years old when I built this log cabin to live in on my 40 acres in Oklahoma. The only power tool I used was a chain saw to fell the trees. The rest was all done with hand tools. The logs were squared off with the foot adze I am holding in the picture and the logs were then skidded through the woods by a jackass (ME). Some had to be dragged a quarter mile. The only help I had was a friend helping with the two top courses of logs. The wall was too high for me to do it by myself at that point. Everything is fitted together. The only nails are the ones that hold the roofing on. JUST LISTEN TO THAT OL' BOY BRAG. ;-] And look at all the junk he flung out the door. Why I believe that's a real live redneck.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

THE WAY OF THE SPIRIT - introduction

Those who have read some of my wacky humor and (I hope) enjoyed it may find this book quite a departure. I take no credit for the wisdom it contains as you will see if you continue to read it. It was a given book. Somehow a connection was made which enabled it to be passed on from a Story Teller of a tribe that lived on the North American continent three thousand years ago. I was merely the scribe. I truly believe you will find comfort in reading and discussing it.


THE WAY OF THE SPIRIT - Billy Whiskers
Copyright 1990
I am Nan. A word which means a person apart. The very concept of a loner was bewildering to the people I remember; the gentle Nanina. It was to them as though a foot were to live and walk about without being part of a body.
Yet, strangely, I must be Nan in order to properly remember them, for a memory 3,000 years old can stand few distractions.
They were a beautiful, wise and gentle people with a natural grace that the world hungers for today. I see their dust blow past in the wind and know that their legacy is a memory in one mind alone. This must not be!
So now I give their memory into your keeping. Do with it as you will, but remember the Nanina.
I weep as I write these words but not for the Nanina, for their lives were full and their days were joyful. The were ishtahei (like a stone) and complete in a way the world has forgotten. Their lives poured from their very souls and the words of their souls were uttered by their mortal mouths.
TO BE CONTINUED

Be sure to check out my latest additions: http://hoodat-teeshirts-andmore.ecrater.com/And don't forget the cool beads in my new store: http://hoodatbeadcraft.ecrater.com/

No comments: